Job Title: Bookkeeper
Reports to: Executive Director
Pay Rate: Established in the offer letter
Service Area: Main Office
Travel Required: Rarely
Position Type: Full-time, exempt
Role and Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended as examples of the types of work that may be performed
by the Bookkeeper but are not all necessarily performed and do not include all specific
functions and responsibilities that the Bookkeeper may be expected to perform.
- Take full responsibility for the day-to-day bookkeeping tasks of the organization, including but not limited to payroll, checks processing/printing, cash management; grants invoicing, reconciliation of accounts, preparing financial reports, and supporting the annual budget preparation and auditing process.
- Act as primary fiscal contact for the agency’s state contracts and public/private grantmakers and prepare timely reports within the guidelines.
- Prepare routine fiscal reports and advise the Executive Director, Finance Committee, and Board of Directors on the agency’s financial health.
- Work with the Director of Development to reconcile and update the agency’s donor database.
- Support agency fundraising efforts as needed and available.
- Accept and perform other work as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent; bookkeeping experience required.
- Understanding of nonprofit funding and bookkeeping, as well as experience with state contracts and grants management.
- Basic computer skills, including but not limited to the use of QuickBooks, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, as well as Zoom/Skype and other distance meeting resources; must possess a willingness to learn about and use new tools as they become available.
- Ability to multitask and work both independently and with supervision, on-site and remotely.
- Embrace an understanding of justice involvement that acknowledges the impact of institutional racism and the systemic oppression of Black, Indigenous, and other People of Color, women, and LGBTQ+ people; must share the belief that people can change in positive ways.
- Must have a strong work ethic, be a self-starter with a positive attitude, with a good sense of humor.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization, and writing skills are essential.
- Strong teamwork, organizing, writing, and other communication skills are essential.
To apply – please submit your cover letter and resume in the appropriate boxes below. If you are experiencing difficulty submitting your cover letter or resume, or have questions about the process, please contact us at email@example.com