We currently serve both adults and youth who are justice-involved, transforming the delivery of justice in Delaware and implementing programs that facilitate fresh starts for victims of crime, youth at risk, and the incarcerated. We are a diverse staff with one vision–to continue the legacy of making a difference in Delaware. We are always looking for passionate people to help us listen, amplify, and act for justice.
We have full-time, intern, and volunteer positions available and would love to hear from anyone who is passionate about seeing real change for those affected by the legal system in Delaware.
We run lots of events throughout the year to provide insights into our work and to educate the community on justice-related issues. Please click below to see upcoming events in your area.
If you are interested in volunteering with the Delaware Center for Justice, please fill out this Google form and we will reach out to you if/when an opportunity arises that matches your skills and interests. Please note that due to the nature of our work, volunteer opportunities are limited. Thanks so much for your interest!
We are currently recruiting for two full-time positions:
We also run internship opportunities throughout the year:
DCJ offers an internship experience that will provide meaningful opportunities for experiencing the professional non-profit office setting, to learn and practice administrative skills, to observe programming in action, and to learn about the role and services offered by our organization. Pending office needs, DCJ will offer both program-specific internships allowing an individual a specialized experience as well as agency-wide internships allowing an individual to learn about a variety of DCJ programs and operations. Applicants should indicate areas of interest when applying in order to facilitate appropriate placement.
Proposed activities and tasks may include:
- Performing administrative tasks for the office (preparing for meetings, organizing administrative spaces, assisting in preparation of mailings and informational packets)
- Providing administrative assistance & support to front desk
- Assisting the organization with managing inmate correspondence
- Attending meetings with program staff
- Meeting with staff to discuss DCJ’s programs
- Assisting DCJ with the planning and execution of fundraising and public education events (including the Annual Celebration and the Visions of Justice forum)
- Researching best practices in the field and preparing issue briefs and reports
- Other tasks as identified by management and staff
DCJ will accept interns three times annually. DCJ may occasionally accept project-specific interns on a rolling basis.
September-December Internship: Applications due August 1
January-May Internship: Applications due November 15
May- August Internship: Applications due April 1
Our primary role in Delaware is to offer a safe, compassionate, and non-judgmental environment that encourages and supports the vulnerability of our clients. We listen, amplify, and act to move towards justice for all Delawareans. Click below to learn more about the work we do.